Middleware Associates offers complete software and hardware solutions to service providers that bring clear value to the end user. Depending on the end user’s resources, one type of service provider may be better than another. Most end users manage the system network infrastructure and hire a service provider to install the door reader, door strike or magnetic lock. Installation of an access control system can be broken down into the following phases:
- Determine which doors require access control. Be aware of not breaking local fire codes by ensuring no obstruction to fire exits.
- Run Cat 6 cable from a PoE switch on the LAN to each door that requires access control.
- Configure and install the IP controllers on the secure side (typically in the drop ceiling) of each door. This will require determining a range of IP addresses; one IP address for each door.
- Have a locksmith or security installer install the reader, door strike and any input / output devices such as a request to exit button or door sensor.
- Install Access Metrics software on a PC or server on the LAN and configure each door via the software GUI.
If you are interested in becoming a Middleware Associates’ Service Provider, please fill out the form below.