With Access Metrics software you will find all the standard features including: storing user details, assigning access levels, printing ID cards, managing biometrics data, anti-passback, maps, alarm acknowledgement, sending alarms via text messages, integration between access control and video. The following features set us apart from other access control solutions.
IP reader support. Many customers still do not realize that installing access control may be as easy as installing an IP phone. Modern readers, such as HID Edge or Suprema Xpass have more than enough memory for offline operation, and required inputs/outputs to control doors, monitor contacts and exit buttons. No need to install controllers and enclosures above false ceilings or in electrical rooms. No need to buy enclosures and power supplies either. Just mount IP readers on walls, connect them to a PoE switch, use Access Metrics software to auto detect devices; it’s simple, fast and effective.
Access Levels with Activation/Expiration of Date & Time. Used in educational or high security environments where users are given temporary access rights to certain areas.
Credential Use Limit. Applied to guests and visitors. Access rights are automatically disabled when allowed number of uses is reached.
Supervisor Approval. A badging clerk may be unauthorized to assign access rights that exceed his/her own security level. Access Metrics allows assigning required access rights, however the right(s) remain inactive until approved by a supervisor.
Holiday Date Range, Automatic Rescheduling. Configure multi-day holidays and enable automatic holiday renewal for next year.
Hazardous Real Time Limit. Increase safety and security by limiting the time that users can stay in dangerous areas (poisonous, radioactive, low oxygen and other types of hazardous environments).
Vehicle Control. Register all vehicle details, track vehicle movement and use events for attendance reports.
Manual Permit or Card Verification. Scenario: a user forgot his card or injured a finger? His access permissions can be verified at any Access Metrics client. Select the door that the user wants to go through, enter the user’s name or employee number and the system will show if the user is allowed to enter. If yes, just click “OK” and the door will open. Transaction will be registered for reporting and TA calculation.
Host Mode. Used in high security projects. Also effective in reducing theft of goods. The system checks user’s permissions and presents a recommended decision to the operator. After performing an inspection, the operator makes the final decision on whether or not access shall be granted.
Effective Use of Hardware Resources. Each controller or reader receives only the segment of data that concerns its operation. There may be 100,000 users in a system, but it is rare that all users would have access to the same areas. Usually the number of users who have access to a specific door is significantly lower. Access Metrics software utilizes an intelligent downloading feature: memory of readers is optimized by loading only pertinent data. At the same time, data transfer becomes faster and system security is increased.
Controller Fault Tolerance. Even if all communication lines fail, HID and Mercury IP controllers will remain fully functional, checking permissions, registering events and protecting the door as long as the backup power is available. No external failures will impact an individual node, and a failure of any node will not impact the rest of the system.
Animated Door Icons. An operator can actually see as a door opens or reader changes mode of operation. Such features take the software to the new level of clarity and understanding. The interface is much easier to understand than blinking colored circles or scrolling lines of text.
USB Reader Support. Fast and error-free data entry for all major ID card technologies: HID Proximity & iClass, Mifare, EM and EPC UHF.
Digital Scales. Use weight as an additional verification factor. Check if a user passing through the interlock gates is alone, or if a vehicle leaving the territory does not carry unauthorized cargo.
OCR Error Compensation. Most license plate recognition systems have 10-20% error rate. Access Metrics software can compensate for typical errors by allowing intelligent number matching and use of wildcard characters.
Area Occupancy Data Sent to External Displays. Show the number of free spaces in a parking lot or number of users in a building area. Increase productivity by making it easy to locate co-workers in emergency situations by displaying the last known location of the user in question.
Intrusion Systems Integration. The building will not be armed while individuals are inside (movement), and will not stay disarmed by mistake when individuals are not in the building, after a pre-defined time period.
“Ghost user” Prevention. Deactivate users automatically after a period of inactivity; delete deactivated users automatically after a certain period of time, which offers automatic, effective database administration.
Hardware-independent System Configuration. Operators do not have to be familiar with terms such as “controllers”, “inputs”, “relays”, and “readers”. Access Metrics uses door objects for simple configuration; as a result the end user is completely shielded from the technicalities of the door hardware. Furthermore, Access Metrics is unique in the industry in the sense that the software is compatible with multiple controller manufacturers which in turn protects the end user’s investment.
Here is a list of Access Metrics features by category. As you can see Access Metrics offers so much more than just access control.
- Use limit. Access rights automatically disabled when allowed number of uses is reached;
- Multi-day holidays and automatic rescheduling for next year. Up to 4000 holiday dates;
- Vehicle control. Store vehicle details, track movement, generate reports;
- Manual verification of permissions at PC workstation. In case of a lost card verify user permissions for any door by entering name or employee number;
- IP reader support: enjoy high speed uploads, PoE flexibility, fault tolerance, unlimited expansion, and other benefits of IP-based solutions;
- Effective use of hardware resources. Each controller or reader receives only the segment of data that concerns its operation;
- Fault tolerance. No external failures will impact an individual node, and a failure of any node will not impact the rest of the system;
- Hardware-independent system configuration;
- Anti-passback, hard and soft;
- ID card design and printing (badging);
- Integrated management of biometric data;
- Child security: sends email or SMS alerts to parents every time their child enters or leaves school territory.
Time & attendance:
- Integration with access control: save costs by using the same readers, cards, fingerprints and management software;
- Integration with video: eliminate buddy-punching by capturing snapshots of every work-time related transaction. External IP cameras and built-in reader cameras supported;
- Automatic import of schedules from ERP, HR or accounting systems;
- Automatic import of users from ERP, HR or accounting systems;
- Rotating schedules for companies with 24/7 operations;
- Multi-day absences with standard and custom reasons;
- Department view shows the grid of staff schedules;
- Strict schedules, no tolerance for deviations;
- Regulated hourly breaks;
- Job codes;
- Overtime authorization;
- MS Excel report format allows manual corrections and further processing;
- Biometric time clocks: all Suprema biometric terminals supported;
- Intuitive display of events: game-like animation adds clarity and understanding. An operator can see a door opening or a reader changing mode of operation. Operator training requirements are reduced and response time is improved;
- Alarm acknowledgement procedures to record detailed history and operator comments of important alarm events. No critical alarms shall be missed;
- Alarm transmission via SMS (mobile phone text messages) and email;
- “Push” technology for real-time alarm delivery and reduced network traffic;
- Graphic Maps;
- Video integration: automatic display of video from an alarm location, ability to browse video history, storage of snapshots in security database;
- Audible alarm alerts for operators;
- All popular access control cards supported;
- Authentication modes: Card only, Card & PIN, fingerprint;
- Programmable card removal actions: lock PC automatically, even when stepping away just for a few minutes;
- Emergency access in case of a lost card;
- Physical access control rules applied in logical access;
- PC logon events displayed and integrated into security management system;
- Instant deactivation of a user in physical and logical access control systems;
- Active Directory support;
- Modern & attractively designed interface, geared towards ease-of-use;
- Access levels assigned to a user, not to a card; Issue new cards in a fast and easy manner, without reassigning access levels;
- Operator initiated SMS notifications directly from security management software; Perfect for notifying users about visitors, lost items, car parking problems and other issues;
- Automatic display of photos of users as they pass through selected doors;
- Real-time occupancy information clearly shows location of each user;
Ease of use:
- “FriendlyBits”: automatic card format detection, raw card data & unlimited card format support;
- Support for USB card readers; Fast and error-free data entry for all major ID card technologies;
- Map zoom control using mouse wheel;
- Automatic face detection and photo cropping when capturing user photos via USB camera;
- Drag & drop map editing;
- Quick add feature for issuing new cards: increments card numbers automatically, without the need to retype;
- Custom map icons for each floor plan in order to help operators identify building zones quickly;
- Messenger-style pop-ups next to devices on maps;
- Filter live event list by text contained in user names, door names and message titles;
- Dynamic search in all software windows: search results shall be narrowed automatically;
- Copy function to reduce manual data entry; Ability to copy users, doors, floor plans, time schedules, access levels, card formats and holidays;
- Remote biometric enrollment: capture finger templates via any door reader;
- Restore function: recovers accidently deleted users;
- Support for IP-based video management systems;
- Support for built-in reader cameras;
- Support for IP-based burglar alarm systems;
- Data links to HR, accounting, ERP and other systems;
- Web service API;
- XML data import & export;
- Automatic import & update of users from CSV files or Active Directory;
- Vehicle License Plate Recognition systems. Application of all access control rules to vehicles, including: access levels, activation/expiration dates, use limit, operator confirmation, occupancy limits and others;
- LPR OCR error compensation; Handle optical license plate recognition errors by using flexible matching and wild-card characters;
- Digital scales support: user/vehicle weight as an additional verification factor;
- Programmable triggers: any event (or double/triple identical events) may be used to trigger automatic actions;
- Support for indoor/outdoor LED display boards: show building or parking occupancy data;
Expansion & upgrades:
- Unlimited number of cards, finger templates, PIN’s, vehicle license plates per user;
- Smooth growth; Purchase or upgrades of expensive master controllers or software licenses not required;
- Backwards and forwards compatibility: no need to replace old generation readers/controllers in order to add more controlled points;
- Support for major security hardware manufacturers; Ability to mix hardware of different manufacturers in the same system;
- System partitioning; Divide a system into “Locations” or “Sites” for convenient and secure administration by multiple operators;
- Supervisor approval for new and updated permissions; Permissions assigned by a badging clerk do not become active until approved by a supervisor. Confirmation may be completed by email or via application software;
- High precision access control: each access level has activation/expiration date, time and use limit settings;
- “Ghost user” prevention: automatic suspension of access rights after a period of inactivity, and automatic deletion of inactive users;
- Full-screen mode to eliminate distractions such as computer games and web browsing;
- Hazardous area monitoring. Warning is generated if a user exceeds time limit set for a hazardous area (low oxygen, radioactive, poisonous and other types of environments);
- Host-mode verification: the system shall perform applicable checks, recommend a decision, show video data and wait for an operator’s confirmation;
- Scheduled database backups. No need to configure anything: system makes backups automatically from the first day;
- Regular database maintenance to ensure top-level performance;
- Advance expiration warning; Reduce loss of visitor cards and renew user permissions in a timely manner;
- Report generation based on user-defined templates and schedule;
- Preconfigured reports: system and alarm events, user details, hardware configuration, access permissions, employee time & attendance;
- Adobe PDF and MS Excel formats;
- Emergency reports: last known location of each user, sorted by building zones, and by user groups;
- Eco-friendly printing: fit more data per page and reduce toner and ink costs;
- Multi-lingual interface: English, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi (Persian), Finnish, Norwegian, Dutch, Azerbaijani, Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish and Russian
- Built-in translation tool: add new language in matter of hours;
- Extended regional options including Gregorian and Farsi calendars and ability to configure weekend days;
- Mainstream DB engine: MS SQL 2008/2008R2/2012, 32/64-bit;
- Industry standard readers: all Wiegand formats supported;
- HID OPIN API;
- Web service API;